Saturday 11 February 2012

Intertwined emotions




/Pleasure turns to the pain,
/ Of the lessons learned from the strain,
/ of the questions burned in my brain,
/ About whether to love is humane
/ In its touch.
 / These thoughts are like salmon
/ Swimming upstream
 / In the tears of your deceit,
 / Fighting the current hurt
/ That kills more than is created
/ By the chaos of our intertwined emotions:
 / Chaotic because the anchor
 / Of Eros' arrow has been plucked from the vessel
 / Of my undying infatuation.
 / Separation not as simple as the distance between us,
 / My mind no longer possessed
/ By the demons
 / That had been the overseers
 / Of my enslavement to your lies.
 / The seeds of these lies,
 / Rooted so deeply
/ They have cracked the foundation
/ Of what we once shared,
/ Allowing the faith in us I had sealed inside
/ To gush out like a river,
                                                                               
 / Ripping the image of our future together
 / From my thoughts
 / As violently and as brutally
 / As if it were a child being taken
/ From his mother's arms.

/ I'm left surrounded in darkness,
 / But I refuse to be swallowed by it,

/ My loneliness like the night air.
/ Invisible to the eye, oblivious to the touch,
 / In its cold comfortableness.
/ Yet if I could do it all over again,
 / I'd do it in the same skin I'm in.
 / To lay down and let love die,
/ Just stay down and let love lie:
/ No, no, not I.
 / I'll stay 'round and let love fly,
/ Even though I have seen its darkest form, deceit.
/ Nothing else could taste this warm
/ Or feel this sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment